My compliments to Republic TV for this campaign.
Bharat that is India had been secular because of Sanatan Dharma and its Vasudhaiv Kutumbkam Sanskriti. Pseudo secularism started in a way when Gandhi started practicing Muslim minoritism. After partition of India both Gandhi and Nehru did not allow all the Muslims to go to Pakistan because of vested interest. Nehru in order to strengthen his weak position in the Congress, started Muslim appeasement while claiming himself as champion of the secularism. That was a period when pseudo secularism got Momentum in India and there after all governments except Vajpayee and Modi governments continued the Muslim appeasement policy.
Almost all the Regional political parties are following appeasement policy for vote bank politics. Gradually the secularism in India has been changed to criticizing Hindu and appeasing Muslims. now Hindu temples are controlled by the government and the religious places of other communities are free from any interference. In fact, money of temples is being spent on other religious institutions.
See few recent examples of secularism -
1. Maharashtra government issued instruction that Azan on loudspeakers will go as it is and 15 minutes before and after Azan no loudspeaker can be played within the 100 meters of Mosque area. At the same time the same government has arrested MP Navneet Rana and his husband an independent MLA for merely declaration to recite Hanuman Chalisa in front of Matoshree.
2. Rajasthan government blocked the roads and closed the Markets in Jaipur and made all necessary arrangements including fitting of loudspeakers on poles with full volumes in the city for performing Namaz on the roads.
Same Rajasthan government did not provide any security to the processions on Ram Navami and Hanuman Janmotsav, resulting into stone pelting on the procession by minority community.
3. Yogi Govt. in UP ensured that Namaz is not performed on roads to avoid inconvenience to the public in general . He also ensured removal of loudspeakers from temples, mosques and Gurudwaras and lowering down the volume of the remaining to ensure Supreme Court's instructions.
There was not even a single clash on Ram Navami, Hanuman Janmotsav and Alvida Namaj.
Now imagine who is more secular ? Yogi is branded communal but Uddhav and Gehlot are secular.
This is the country where -
- One can find place for Namaz in every Airport.
- All the states have Haz Houses.
- Rioters, stone palters are called secular, but bulldozers are communal.
Please do not tolerate appeasement and pseudo secularism.
Let everybody “Be truly secular” in India.
- Shiv Mishra